Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have had a tooth I've needed out for over a year now. I no…

I have had a...

I have had a tooth I've needed out for over a year now. I no longer have pain. I have a abscess. I drained & it relieved pain immediately. No longer have pain.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

But absess returns weekly. No matter the brushing. Flossing etc

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I have auto amune. Chrones. Heart issues. Migraines increased alot! Memory loss bad lately & vision bad latley! Tired bad

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I have Medicare. Not Medicaid at moment. So no dental. Single mom. Last cleaning 6 months ago. Disabled. I know I need tooth removed. But very tight budget. In n.c. not much help with dental. And autoimmune very serious
3/28/2018
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Hi, you are very fortunate that drainage is possible for your abscess. This will not go away on its own and you do need to see a dentist for either a root canal or an extraction. You will remain pain free as long as the drainage is possible. If the drainage is blocked you would swell and have considerabl pain. Antibiotics will help keep things under control until you are able to get in to see your dentist. Amoxicillin and Clindamycin are the drugs of choice for dental abscesses and your dentist can call that in for you without seeing you first. You should also use warm salt water rinses which help maintain the drainage: you can dissolve ½-teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water as hot as can be safely tolerated, and rinse vigorously for about 2 minutes at least every 2-3 hours. Please do not put any heat on the outside of your face.
I just saw your second post. Would you like me to give some possible sources for free and reduced cost dentistry that may be available in your area?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No. Ty! Yes. I have been doing warm salt water. And occasional antibiotics. The drainage is only possible when I push on abscess & it pops. Was just wondering long term how long I can get away with this without affecting my health. And how I feel. Thank you!
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ty. I can't afford to call ��
You are welcome.
The fistula is the tract that allows for drainage and you can go on like this for very long periods of time without pain.
Your body is already affected by the infection and there is really no way to tell you when you will reach the point where yiur systems begin to shut down. Given your history of Chrones you already know yiu are compromised medically and should have this taken care of sooner than later. Waiting with your problems is not recommended at all.
Sorry the website auto asks for a phone call. Please ignore it!
You reall do need to do something about this now.
Does all this makes sense to you?
Root Canal Doctor
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I appreciate your help very much!!!����
My pleasure.
Good luck and I hope things do get better for you.
Thanks and have a nice evening!:):)
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Your awesome!
Thanks, lol :):)
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor