Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Just got another photo of what I was asking about before.

Hi just got another photo...
Hi just got another photo of what I was asking about before. Was out earlier so couldn't get a good picture. Thanks!
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

Go ahead and upload it.

I am paying you again because I know I have asked a lot of questions. Thanks

It really looks like you could have traumatized it by biting it. It does not look serious.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Ok thanks again.
that spot on my upper lip is much better. I just noticed a white area on the tip of the tongue on the same side. Anything worrisome? What is it? Thanks.

I would need to see a picture of the area to give you any specifics.

See attached
Should I pay you again? I guess it is different question

No ,not necessary. That appears to be part of a rash that occurs sometimes on the tongue called geographic rash of the tongue or wandering rash of the tongue. It is not pathological,needs no treatment and we have yet to find a cause for it. It is nothing to worry about and will fade away on its own.

Could it be from a burn. I feel like I may have noticed it after drinking some hot liquid or does a burn of the tongue not look like that. Thanks!

It could be. It does not look like anything that you should worry about. It will be gone within the week.