Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My gums bleed when I floss. I went to dentist and she

Customer Question
My gums bleed when...

My gums bleed when I floss. I went to dentist and she diagnosed that there is no infection as per the X-rays conducted. I still face the same problem and even have some foul smell sometimes.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any swelling? Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?

No swelling. Bleed when floss

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No other medical history

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dental
3/24/2018
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 month ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

When was the last time that you had your teeth cleaned at the dentists office?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4 months

Did the bleeding just start or did you notice the bleeding even after the teeth were cleaned?

Is there a particular area that is bleeding? Can you upload a picture of this area?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just started

Do you have any crowding of your teeth ? Can you upload a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll load a picture

ok

Still waiting for the picture.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Picture uploaded

The picture is too dark and of too poor quality to see anything. Can you try again?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Here it is
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 30 days ago

Does the back tooth in the picture have a crown on it?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It has crown done post root canal

I see the redness on the tongue side of the crown.It could be that you have a bad margin on this crown or some leakage around it. It is hard to tell without seeing it clinically.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok. Thanks in case further questions then I'll come back to you.
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 29 days ago

Try rinsing with some hydrogen peroxide 3% diluted 1:1 3 to 4 times a day. I would be glad to look at your X-rays if you have them to upload. There could be many causes for bleeding gums. The most common cause is gingivitis.

Please leave a rating when you get a chance.You can always return to this thread without opening up a new question.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)