Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Dental surgery removed 15 teeth to make room for upper and…

dental surgery removed 15...

dental surgery removed 15 teeth to make room for upper and lower dental plates the surgeon placed the two plates in my mouth with gauze to aid the bleeding to stop after a few day I tried to put the plate in I went back to the dentist after I stopped taking amoxicillin she told me I had bad sores in my it has been 12 days and I still have the sore she shaped the plates I can get the plates in but I have miserable pain on both plates upon insertion and removal today I used dental adhesive from pharmacy the bottom plate after awhile did not stay in and the upper plate was agony getting out and I still have the mouth sores

Doctor's Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?

The pain is not there when top plate is seated but agony when taken out bottom is continuous

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

The sores are left and right on the gums like mini mountain shaped red and tender both gums

3/22/2018
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

The reason that you are having so many problems is because you had immediate dentures made. These type of dentures never fit properly because they are just guessing how to make the denture due to the fact that the impression was made while your teeth were still in your mouth. These are nothing but temporary dentures and your dentist should have told you this.They should have also told you that you will need to come in for multiple adjustments with these type of dentures because they are so inaccurate.You should call your dentist ASAP and insist that they bring you in right away. They should be doing multiple adjustments on these dentures and also should be relining them in a couple of months because they will start to become loose.The reason for the pain is that the dentures are over extended and they need to be cut back. They should not be charging you to adjust these dentures. This is a common problem with immediate dentures and why most dentists don't like making them.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)