Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a upper left molar extracted and it's been 3 days

Customer Question
I had a upper...

I had a upper left molar extracted and it's been 3 days there's still a blood clot intact but what looks like a grey/black with white is stuff over the gum is this normal healing? It's my first and I've been really paranoid reading all google is detailing there's also light throbbing and tolerable pain every now and then

Doctor's Assistant: How much are your gums bleeding? Only when brushing and flossing, or even when not?

They aren't bleeding anymore I haven't been able to brush by the extraction site due to swelling which is barely going down

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dentist about the bleeding? How long have you been dealing with this?

There is no bleeding

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

It's been 3 days since the extraction

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dental
3/22/2018
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

What you are seeing is normal looking granulation tissue. The socket heals from the bottom up and takes about six weeks to close completely. This grayish looking film is what you should see in a normal healing phase. If you have no swelling and the pain is diminishing,you have nothing to worry about.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Please leave a rating when you get a chance. We get no credit for our time without one. Thanks