Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My #18 molar has a vertical crack. The peridondist/dentist…

My #18 molar has...

My #18 molar has a vertical crack. The peridondist/dentist repair bill is $5,750. What are the consequences if I just have the #18 molar removed w bone graft ($1,400) and don't install the implant? Thanks in advance for your help.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

I saw the dentist on Monday and the peridontist this morning.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No, I am a healthy 60 yr. old male who just had my 60 year check-up physical with a colonoscopy as a bonus..

3/21/2018
Just Dental Truths!

.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

You can function fine without number 18. That estimate is ridiculous. Have the tooth extracted and do not have them place any bone grafting. The bone grafting is just a gimmick to get you to pay more money for a simple procedure. Removing that tooth should cost no more than $250. You do not need bone grafting and even if you decide years from now to have an implant,bone grafting can be done at any time. Have the tooth extracted and you will be fine. Do not let them charge you for the bone grafting.

Thank you for your input.

You are welcome. Please ask if you have any other concerns. When you get a chance,please leave a rating. We get no credit for our time without one . Thanks

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)