Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I am a 65 yr old military widow with part A & .medicare

Hi , I am...

Hi , I am a 65 yr old military widow with part A & B.medicare coverage. I have a full set of dentures, and 2 lower dental implants. I go once a yr for a cleaning, and am wanting to get

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

A new set of dentures. Is any dental insurance , available, which will help with some of the cost?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I had a cleaning today, went fine. I only see my prosthodontist, if I need any maintenance done. I have RA, and am in fairly good health, aside from that

3/20/2018
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, unfortunately, dental insurance is really not affordable as an individual and provides very little if any coverage as well.

Most of the policies are a scam and you would be wasting your money if you were talked into getting any of them. The companies that offer dental insurance to their employees is really the only way dental insurance works for people.

There are other options available that include low cost and no cost and I can give a list of possible sources for you to see if any are available in your area.

Where do you live?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Augusta Ga. Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am just inquiring:) thank you. I am going to inquire through Medicare. It is free. Thank you for your time

You are very welcome!

Medicare does not offer the dental services that you are trying to get.

Here some resources that you can look into:

You may be able to get help from one of the following sources:

https://www.hhs.gov/answers/health-care/where-can-i-find-low-cost-dental-care/index.html

http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/popularpublications/findinglowcostdentalcare/

http://www.unitedway.org/

http://www.carecredit.com/ for financing options that would better fit your budget.

Other viable options to consider:

1. Dental schools:

www.dentalsite.com/dentists/densch.html

Dental schools charge far less than private practice however it does take more time to complete.

2. Clinics (free and low cost) Discounted dental services and dental workshops that offer free or

discounted/reduced services.

www.freemedicalcamps.com/

3. Freedentalcare.com

4. Local dental society or :

http://ebusiness.ada.org/mystate.aspx

They would be able to direct you to Foundations and Charitable outlets that may offer dental services.

5. Volunteer dentists and hygienists providing free care:

Dentistryfromtheheart.org

***-***-****

6. http://toothwisdom.org/care

7. dentallifeline.org/our-state-programs

8. http://freemedicalcamps.com/

I am a veteran and I appreciate your concerns and hopefully, you will find something above that will help you with this.

Good luck!!

When you get a chance please do rate our interaction.

Thanks and have a nice evening! :):)

Root Canal Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much! You have been quite helpful. God Bless

You are very welcome!!

Thanks for using JustAnswer. :)

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor