Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I just felt that something wasn't right here. Please help me…

Hi , I just...

Hi , I just felt that something wasn't right here . Please help me out , if your dentist feeling your tooth started a cavity should she still need to destroy that same tooth she saved with the feeling and add a crown on ? and I get twice different amount for the same tooth , I do not get it at all . Please give me an answer , I appreciated it . Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

No swelling at all it was just hurting before and I took 1 Ibuprofen 800mg

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

I just felt after the Dr finished filing the tooth with a permanent filling , that they have no more need to destroy it and replace it with a crown

3/20/2018
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there. I'd be happy to answer all of your questions about this dental situation. Since I do not know your specific tooth, I can only give general answers, but they may cover and explain the situation enough for it to make more sense to you.

Did your dentist give you any explanation as to why this tooth needed a crown? Did she say it was cracked? Or badly decayed?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no it wasn't cracked or neither decayed at all . It was just started to have a cavity in it n it was hurting . but after she cleaned it and pitted a permanent filling and restored and saved it . I did not see a need for a crown to dd and replace that tooth you know. That is the 4th tooth in the top left of you mouth , and I get charged a big amount of $400 for the crown , which I believed that I did not need . Help me here please . Than you ,

Okay, thank you for answering those questions. There are several reasons a tooth could need to have a crown. It is my opinion that your dentist should have explained to you why this particular tooth needed a crown. Cracks and very large cavities are the most common reasons crowns are necessary. Another reason a tooth would need a crown is if there is not enough healthy tooth structure around an old filling.

The best thing for you to do is call your dentist and ask if she can give you the specific reason that a crown was necessary on your tooth. You can also ask for a copy of any x-rays or photos they took of the tooth before the crown was prepared. If you can get that information for me, I will be able to help you more.

Does that make sense?

Dr. Lara

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess it does a little , to make me feel better . But i still hoping that was for the best because now i will have one crystal tooth in my mouth around the natural ones in there . You see what i mean, and is for 1 tooth , I get charge $400 my goodness !

Yes, I totally understand. Crowns are very expensive. When they are needed, though, they can help you keep your tooth for years and years. You should also know that the porcelain crown should match your natural teeth perfectly. Are you currently wearing a temporary crown?

Dr. Lara

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am , and it invisible you can not tell is there unless i tell you . I suppose to pick it up to my dentist next week end .
And she will do the right side deep cleaning also , since she has only did the left side deep cleaning .
She said that the insurances do not allowed the whole cleaning at once anymore . Well i am almost done , and i can not wait .
I will spent totally a cool $ 1150 when everything is done . my Insurance paid the other half , otherwise it will be $2300.

That sounds like you are making a significant investment in the health of your mouth! You will not regret it. Having healthy teeth and gums is worth more than money. You will be smiling, talking and eating with a good, healthy mouth. It's worth it, I promise.

Are there any other questions that I can answer for you?

Dr. Lara

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No that will be all for today and i thank you a lot for your answers . I was wondering if i had really need that crown there .
I like to have peace of mind when i am dealing with stuffs and all . Thanks again , Keke

You're welcome! I am so happy to help. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

P.S. If you'd like future help with any dental questions, you can reach me directly at: https://www.justanswer.com/dental/expert-laracoseoddsfagd/?rpt=3800

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)