Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a tooth removed a month ago. Three rounds of

I had a tooth...

I had a tooth removed a month ago. Three rounds of antibiotics and infection resulted in cracked tooth being removed. It’s a month later and i have had pain in that area in the last few days and now have a fever and severe body aches. Pain in temple, but no headache.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Am I ok?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

A few days. I don’t think so?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Flu is going around where I live. Is my mouth just sore bc my body has been fighting and possible infection and now I have flu?
3/19/2018
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, from your description it does not appear to be a problem caused by an extracted tooth.

Severe body aches are usually an indication of a systemic issue and fever without swelling at the site of an extraction is not associated with an extraction site either.

Pain in the temple is possible from a tooth related issue especially if it is an upper tooth and not so much with a lower tooth.

Pain around the ear is possible with lower molar issues.

Which tooth was removed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Last tooth on my lower left side.
I had my wisdom teeth removed years ago so it was the tooth before the wisdom tooth.

Thanks. This issue is definitely not from your tooth extraction and is most likely the flu as you have indicated is going around where you live. Third molars extraction sites can cause referred issues and not so much with 2nd molars extraction sites, which is the tooth in front of the wisdom tooth. I suggest you call your physician in the morning and see if they want to see you or just prescribe over the phone in order to get you through this.

Does this make sense to you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It does and I feel relieved. Thanks!

You are very welcome!!

Hope whatever you have is short lived.

Have a nice evening and when you get a chance please rate our interaction so that I get credit for responding.

Thanks!! :):)

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor