Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Doctor. time no talk, lol. I’m sorry, but I had another

Hi again doctor. Long time...
Hi again doctor. Long time no talk, lol. I’m sorry, but I had another question, and get it appropriate to open another question. I want you to get credit for you’re spectacular service. Is this white spot that feels raised to my tongue just an irritation too?
3/18/2018
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, who are you? Just kidding! LOL

Thanks for the pics.

That area is raised because it is on harder tissue but it too is from irritation and trauma.

You seem susceptible to getting these all over your mouth and it is really just a response to foods and eating and is normal. If they persisted or grew and became painful and never disappeared then you should be concerned. But after seeing all of pics and knowing your history with these you really have nothing to worry about.

Thanks again for asking for me and for the new question!

You are a class act!!

Thank you doctor! I guess my gums are just sensitive, I have one other question. I suppose it may be a little irrational, but I delivered food to this gentleman who had a rather large smooth bump on his lip. I suppose it may have been a muccoele can’t be sure, I didn’t field test the customers lesion lol. But is there any risk of getting what ever it was if I just took the money and washed my hands with no contact to the area?These white spots are rather common, but they come and go, and don’t seem to grow or hurt. One thing I think is a giveaway is it’s always around parts of the cheek that are nearest the cheek. As can be seen in the recent photo there appear to be a lot but that white scratches right away and are around parts of the gum that may come in contact with the teeth frequently

The answer is no you could not get whatever he had from touching the money or his hand.

No need to worry about that!! You were smart to wash your hands and you should anyway after handling money.

The spots are always nearest to your cheeks because that always comes in contact with your teeth when eating.

There is really no way to stop that from happening because that is your bite and that is why you will always have these spots pop up and then disappear.

Again, nothing to worry about!! :):)

Root Canal Doctor
the amount isn’t concerning since their just irritation?Could my toothpaste have anything to do with it? Occasionally when I brush within a few minutes of rinsing I develop this sticky white opaque stuff on my gums

The amount or number of times it does occur is of no concern.

The only thing that can happen with toothpaste is an allergic reaction which this is not.

Try a different toothpaste to see if the opaque white stuff is no longer present after using the new paste.

Worth a try!! :):)

Thank you doctor! :)

:):)