Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Question for dentist a large salivary gland stone that i had…

Question for dentist a...

Question for dentist a large salivary gland stone that i had about 35 years popped out into mouth a week after a dentist clamped down in that area with a metal plate he used for a mold he was making of my teeth. the following week much pain and tonight really hurting while a sleep felt something in mouth it was the stone. my question is there is a hole there now how can i prevent it from getting infected

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

My lip was a for about a week until now a little swollen after he caused me pain clamping down with metal mold plate. the stone came out about 2 hours ago and I have this hole and am trying to prevent infection .

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Prone to kidney stones,

3/18/2018
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, wow, a stone that large that created a hole would be very painful.

I am assuming the stone may have been forced out through the duct opening and a photo would help if you could upload one for me to see the hole.

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Thank you.

If you are unable to upload a photo of the hole there is no need to worry.

Most holes that are created in the mouth from trauma will heal on their own and do not require any extra steps to take to ensure that no infection will occur. All you need do is avoid irritating the area with hot, spicy, or acidic foods as well as hard and crunchy foods.

The hole should close on its own in 10-14 days.

The photo would help me let you know if the duct is, in fact, the area of concern.

Do you need more information?

Are you still there?

Root Canal Doctor