Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I live in new bern nc. No dental insurance. Looking to get…

I live in new...

I live in new bern nc. No dental insurance. Looking to get full upper teeth extracted then dentures

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

About 8 years ago. I have severe reversing gums. Tooth are loose and painful. Sensitivy to col and heat

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No. I'm pretty healthy. Receeding gums

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there. I'd be happy to help with your question. Are you wanting information about the procedure itself? Or information on how to find a dentist?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Both. I do need someone in new bee nc
New Bern nc

Okay, no problem.

The procedure itself can be done in two ways. One is a traditional denture, and the other is an immediate denture.

Traditional denture - all teeth are extracted, and then there is a waiting period for the gums to heal completely. After the gums have healed, the final denture is made. This option is usually a little less expensive. But you have to go for a period of time with no teeth. Another benefit is that the denture usually fits better.

Immediate denture - In this procedure, the denture is made before the teeth are extracted, and it is placed into your mouth as soon as the teeth are extracted. This option is more expensive and gives you a denture that does not fit very well. The advantage is that you never have to go a day without teeth. The fit of the denture can be improved after the gums heal with something called a reline, which is an additional expense.

Finding a Dentist - There are several ways to find a great dentist. The very best is to ask around for personal recommendations. Another way is to call a dental specialist, like an oral surgeon, and ask which general dentist they recommend for dentures. The surgeon sees the dentist's work and can recommend someone who will provide you with a high-quality denture.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Do you have any reccomendations for new bern nc? I am fairly new to area

I don't have any specific recommendations because I am not located near North Carolina. I am in Texas. I would only be doing a search through websites, which I do not think is the best way to find a dentist. Since you may not know a large circle of people yet, I would recommend calling a few of the dental specialists. I have included some offices with phone numbers for you to try. Just explain to the receptionist that you are new to the area and are looking for a good GENERAL dentist, and ask who they work with. Since this is a fairly involved procedure, you may want to have a few consultations to see who you feel most comfortable with.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Eastern Carolina Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Oral Surgeon

501 Penny Ln ·(###) ###-####/p>

Crystal Coast Oral & Facial

Oral Surgeon

2129 S Glenburnie Rd ·(###) ###-####/p>

Dr. Mark W. Johnson

Oral Surgeon

*****·(###) ###-####/p>

Bradley N. Adkins, DDS

Oral Surgeon

*****·(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you very much

You're welcome! I am happy to help. Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)