Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My 38 y/o son needs to have all of his upper teeth

My 38 y/o son...

My 38 y/o son needs to have all of his upper teeth extracted. The upper teeth are completely rotted. REALLY BAD! On the the lower teeth he will just need a partial plate. Given the info I've provided, can you give me a ball park figure for the cost? And pretend he doesn't need any extra work.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

It's been at least six years . The only thing I've noticed is that his gums bleed once in a while. No swelling. (no ins)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

He is a recovering addict. the reason for the teeth rotting. He went to the hospital last week for a kidney stone and was told his BP was slightly elevated.

3/17/2018
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there! I can give you a ballpark figure for these based on the dental fees in my area (Texas), but it could vary depending on where you are located.

A complete denture usually ranges from $1200-1800.

A partial denture can be anywhere from $800 for a temporary-plastic type partial to $1800 for a cast metal framework (which is typically the best and longest-lasting).

If he has dental insurance, they should cover a portion of the cost.

Did you also need average fees for the extractions? The extraction cost is per tooth, and has a wider range based on location. On average, it is probably about $150 per tooth.

What other questions can I answer for you?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

thanks! I just needed an idea of the cost.

Great! Please let me know if you have any other questions for me.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)