Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a route canal several years ago on my back right

molar. I don’t know if...
I had a route canal several years ago on my back right molar. I don’t know if it was posted or had a crown but it fell out last night. Oh and I’m also dentaphobic so I called my dentist last night She said there was no risk of dry socket because the nerves were gone from the previous route canal 2-3 years ago. I have no pain, no sensitivity just no back right molar. I used a small q tip to remove any debris so now it looks like a small socket with a tiny bit of tooth in the back. I have an appointment to see her tomorrow at 12:00 to evaluate the tooth. Even though there is no blood on the q tip is she correct about there being no pain or risk of dry socket because of the route canals? Also what are your thoughts on getting an implant rather than crafting another crown
3/17/2018
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

Just Dental Truths!
Phone call session started