Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a film covering my teeth all the time making eating…

Customer Question
I have a film covering...
I have a film covering my teeth all the time making eating unbearable.whats wrong
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dental
3/16/2018
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 4 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi Eva,

Sorry, you are having this problem at this time.

The majority of patients that describe having a film on their teeth are having that problem because a biofilm that forms and covers the teeth and it can be from a dry mouth and also from less than ideal oral hygiene. If you brush, floss and use a Waterpik daily you will no longer have a film that develops on your teeth. If your mouth is also constantly dry it could be from medications, stress, sinus issues, anxiety and allergies just to name a few. If you feel that you are dry you can try Biotene. Biotene is the most prescribed medication for this problem and it is available over the counter at any drugstore. This is the website for it: http://www.biotene.com/

Here is a website that describes biofilm beautifully: https://www.colgateprofessional.com/patient-education/articles/what-is-biofilm

Do you think you can upload a photo of the film??