Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Does the occlusion splint correct the overbite? My dentist…

Does the occlusion splint correct...
Does the occlusion splint correct the overbite? My dentist is getting one for me. I was a bit intrigued as he just took impression of upper teeth (jaw) only. didn't took for lower jaw. Is he on right track ?
3/15/2018
Just Dental Truths!

If your Dentist took an impression of only the upper teeth, then he could very well be making you a splint or biteguard or nightguard, but NOT anything that would be able to correct an overbite. I'd suggest to give the Dental Office a call tomorrow and clarify just what your Dentist is making for you & what it "will do".

Dr. Rampton

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Already emailed them and will also call them first thing in morning. Thank you very much for supersonic response.
what are the treatment options to correct the overbite. Don't want surgery or any other invasive treatment.

Does the above make sense?

_________________

I'd just perhaps give them a quick call in the morning for clarification/possible alteration to get "What YOU want"!

Just Dental Truths!

It could be something fairly easy (similar to a biteguard) all the way to something much more involved (such as braces).

I'd merely correspond with them. Ask them what you asked me. They need to explain, the differences, the cost differentials, etc..

Dr. Rampton

Just Dental Truths!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks a lot

You're very welcome. I hope you get what you want and it fixes what you want to accomplish... Have a good one.

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist