Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

With the interests of saving what will be a lot of money to…

With the interests of...

With the interests of saving what will be a lot of money to me, If I need many crowns, probably at least 10 or so, would it behoove me to go Mexico, to try to get insurance here in the States to have the procedures performed?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

Yesterday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Not that i know of

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

My dentist did tell me yesterday that all of my teeth are eligible for the crowns. they all have just been refilled many times where they are at the point of needing crowns

Crowns cost somewhere on the average of $1000 a piece.Going to a foreign country to have them done may save you some money at first but for the money that you are going to spend in travel and lodging,you may not really be saving very much. There will also be no warranties on the work when you get them done in Mexico and if you have any problems,you may want to consider that most dentists do not want to correct someone else's work without a substantial fee. The standards in other countries also many times are not the same as they are in the US

Crowns when done properly should last for decades.The dentist doing the crowns needs special skills.Many dentists do not have these skills. My feeling is that you are taking your chances having the work done outside of the country unless you know these people and what the deal is going to be.

Our laws do not apply in Mexico. If they produce the crowns and you do not like the looks,you may have to take what you get. They know that you have no recourse.

ok. thank you going to Mexico is out. thank you very much for help. One last thing should I try to get dental insurance or is it very difficult to have them shell out for crowns?

Most dental insurance plans in this country are a scam. The only ones that give some benefits are the one provided by big employers and the average coverage is about $1000 per year..and it does not roll over. You are better off paying out of pocket.

understood. You were VERY helpfull thank you SO mcuh for your help!!!

Private Dental insurance plans in this country are pathetic and a rip off.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Great to know!!!!

It is sad but true.The insurance CEO's take home billions of dollars a year while they blatantly rip you off.

I have no doubt! Like lots of things in the country it's all set up as a $ thing! Inefficient and unneffctive

I agree