Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I just lost a filling. Do I need to replace it right away…

Customer Question
I just lost a filling...
I just lost a filling. Do I need to replace it right away even if it doesn't hurt?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dental
3/13/2018
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

If you have no pain or swelling ,that is a good sign. If it is a simple filling that broke away,it needs to be fixed but there is no emergency at this point. You can pick up some temporary filling material at the pharmacy and place it in the opening where the filling was to keep it protected. If you could upload a picture of the tooth,I could give you some more accurate information about what needs to be done.