Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I did s root canal a year ago. I had pain in my ear dentis…

Customer Question
I did s root...

I did s root canal a year ago . I had pain in my ear dentis gave antibiotics. This year the toothache return in the same place. I was on antibiotic for 10 days which my last dose was Tuesday now my toothace return after 3 days of complete completing antibiotic

Doctor's Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?

While I was on antibiotic it stop . But now it return feel it in my ears and can’t eat on that side

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

Its consistent

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dental
3/11/2018
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 month ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, sorry you are in pain now.

From your description, it appears that you may have a failing root canal.

You should begin using warm salt water rinses: you can dissolve ½-teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water as hot as can be safely tolerated, and rinse vigorously for about 2 minutes at least every 2-3 hours. Do not put any heat on the outside of your face.

For pain, you can take 2 Advil (400mg) every 4-6 hours along with 2 Tylenol (650 mg) every 4-6 hours. Please do not use this regimen if there is a history of peptic ulcer or liver disease or if you are taking blood thinners. This combination is as effective as a narcotic prescription medication.

Did your dentist take an x-ray of your tooth to see if everything is still ok before you were given antibiotics?

Are you there?

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor