Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Some months i got a bump over my Tooth is it dangerous? What…

Customer Question
Some months i got...

Some months i got a bump over my Tooth is it dangerous?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

What you mean?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dental
3/10/2018
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 month ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

Does the bump look like a small pimple and is it soft?

This is a fistula that is draining from the tooth below it. It represents a tooth infection and the fistula is where the abscess is draining from. One the pressure builds up high enough. The pus will burrow through the bone and gum and drain into your mouth via this fistula. Your choices are to either have the tooth extracted or if the tooth is restorable,have root canal therapy to resolve the infection. Those are your only real choice.The problem is that these fistulas can become clogged and you can experience some facial swelling.

The picture is not of good enough quality to see anything. Try it again.

Are you still with me?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)