Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My dentist adjusted my bridges. Now my bite is off and I…

Customer Question
My dentist adjusted my...

My dentist adjusted my bridges. Now my bite is off and I have difficulty eating. She has done several occlusal adjustments and a day later I am having the same problem

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?

Yes about 6 times. My bridges hav never felt comfortable in my mouth

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No swelling but I am continually biting the back of my tongue since my bridges were grinded down. I wear a mouth guard at night. Now I am wearing it during the day.

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

Biting my tongue is causing swelling of my glands

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dental
3/10/2018
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 3 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, sorry you are having so many continuing issues with your bite.

There is obviously a problem with the bridges that were made for you because now your vertical dimension has been changed which is why you are biting your tongue. That should never happen and if that continues even after the adjustments the bridges may need to be remade to have the correct vertical dimension.

Has your dentist been practicing for more than 10 years?

Are you still there?