Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My 4 molars on right side have sharp intense pain. Then pain…

My 4 molars on...

My 4 molars on right side have sharp intense pain. Then pain began with lower right side with 4 molars. History of peris

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

History of periodontal disease, untreated for years cause I lack insurance. History of autoimmune disease of Lupus and Sjögren's Syndrome. This pain started suddenly. Nothing helps pain and it's constant and prevents me from chewing.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

TY

My 4 molars on right side have sharp intense pain. Then pain began with lower right side with 4 molars. History of periodontal disease, untreated for years cause I lack insurance. History ofautoimmune disease of Lupus and Sjögren's Syndrome. This pain started suddenly.I'm not taking my usual meds cause the Visiting physician cut me off suddenly without warning and gave me no refills. I'm homebound and trapped in 2nd floor apt and can't use stairs. I walk slowly with great difficulty with ataxia. I used to take Nucynta, Tizanidine, Nexium but I ran out 4 months ago. I haven't found a Dr since. I only go out in wheelchair. I haven't left my apt in over 3 years. I have 6 Ultram left that are 3 yrs old. I was saving them to help me get to a Dr's office. I had to take 1 at 5 am cause the teeth, gums and jaw pain was too sharp and intense to bear. Oragel makes pain worse for me. TY. What about Ambersol? My pharmacy Delivers. I walk slowly and with great difficulty with a CANE but need a wheelchair to go out.
Please reply. Thank you.
Could this be a sinus infection? I also have sinus pain but I tend to have chronic sinusitis. Can someone get teeth infection in 4 molars at one time? This is more intense sharp pain than normal.
Hello? It's been 20 minutes and I paid for this. I'd appreciate a reply. Thank you.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

It would be nearly impossible to have infection in all four teeth at the same time.

Do you have any swelling? When was the last time an xray was taken of your mouth?

Sinus infections can make the upper teeth uncomfortable but to make an accurate diagnosis of your pain,I need to see an xray of your mouth to see what is going on. The possibilities can be numerous and varied if you have had no care for several years,have periodontal disease and I am guessing that some teeth may be missing. At this point in time,treating yourself with pain medication will end up being expensive and will not solve your problems. It would be worth $125 to have an exam and xray taken of your teeth. Once you get that,I would be able to let you exactly what is going on.

TY! I identified my tooth in front that would have been next to the bicuspud as the problem. The pain is radiating to my upper right molars and lower right molars. I haven't been to a dentist in at least 15 yrs due to lacking insurance. I have SSD, Medicare, Medicaid. I have chronic sinusitis with Sjögren's syndrome and Lupus. I've been having migraine headaches I don't normally have. I wonder if my teeth or that 1 tooth might be infected or abscessed and the pain is radiating to my sinuses and headaches? It's not sinus headaches, it's migraine headaches. I need to find a dentist who might accept Medicare with extra payments. You said $125 but with long time periodontal disease, missing molars, and decayed broken 2 front teeth, it's going to be very expensive. Do you think it's possible to find a dentist in Central NJ who will work with my type of insurance? Do dentists ever do that? TY Dr Katz. Reina Cohen, 57
My 4 biscuspid teeth were pulled at 13 yrs old for braces so I'm pointing to the tooth that would have been next to it, right before my molars begin. 2 upper left molars broke off, and the last molar in back, upper left, recently lost its filling and cracked, leaving 2 sharp edges slicing my cheek. I have a small mouth.
I used to go to a dental clinic with students in a teaching hospital but they made too many errors, including 1 girl drilling too deep and she hit the nerve. Another guy refused to put Lidocaine before the Novacaine injection. I have severe chronic pain and very sensitive nervous system, and neuropathy. I appealed to their Supervisor but got no help so I couldn't go back.
Please see my previous message and question. Thank you Dr Katz.
Reina Cohen
Hi Dr Katz, are you there? Reina Cohen

I am here .Please stand by I have some emergency patients in my office that I am seeing.

IN Maryland,Medical insurance does not cover dental treatment. You have multiple problems because you have missing teeth that have not been replaced and periodontal disease.Sinus problems can make the teeth hurt but teeth do not cause sinus problems.You need to get a panorex xray and upload it for me so I can give you some proper guidance about what to do. Without that xray,nothing that I can tell you will be accurate.

Dr Katz, it's been 2 hours, are you there?

I just answered you 10 minutes ago. Check your mail please.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Thank you. Your reply didn't post til now. I'm going to get a refund since this service is like a catch 22. If I could get to a dentist, then I wouldn't be asking dentists here for some guidance. I'm in a wheelchair, I use a cane for a few feet, and I'm trapped up here in this 2nd floor apt, and cannot use the stairs, and all alone. I have nobody to help me. I said this in 1 of my messages. Maybe it would help to remember why you became a Dr in the first place. I'm sad you didn't read the original context of my questions. I know you're busy. Then why participate in this service?