Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I am 18 years old and have severe tooth decay in almost all…

Customer Question
I am 18 years...

I am 18 years old and have severe tooth decay in almost all of my teeth. I have horrible toothaches and was wondering if a dentist would actually pull my teeth and give me dentures at such a young age

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

No and it’s been a few months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I have had several root canals/fillings

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 month ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

Many times things seem a lot worse than they are. Eighteen is a young age to lose all of your teeth.If teeth ned to be extracted and they are unrestorable,extractions can be done but most of the time,even though the teeth look bad and you have pain,it can be taken care of without extracting all of the teeth. Have you had an X-ray taken of your mouth yet that you can upload? Can you upload a couple of pictures of your teeth so that I can get an idea if extractions are what you need?

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine