Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I’m getting a tooth in my lower back tooth. Dentist wants to…

I’m getting a tooth...

I’m getting a tooth in my lower back tooth. Dentist wants to pull the same tooth in the same place in upper area. Does this soung

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

Last week bottom tooth with crown was hurting & he said it needs to b pulled also upper tooth also

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

Should I let dentist pull upper tooth & tooth that is hurting on bottom with a crown?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2018
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there. I'd be happy to help you with your question about these extractions. Do you have any more information about the teeth, as to why the dentist says they need extraction? Did he mention cavities or infection or gum disease?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

The lower tooth is hurting. But I’ve never heard of pulling the tooth above bad tooth, he says it will be better to pull that tooth along with hurting tooth

In general, once the upper tooth does not have the lower tooth to bite against, it is serving no function and can start to drop down out of the gums. That could be the reason he is recommending extraction of it, too. You could choose to only have the hurting tooth pulled first, and then do the upper one later if you feel uncomfortable with it.

Does that make sense?

Dr. Lara

thanks

Are there any other questions I can answer for you?

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)