Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My dentist suggested deep cleaning. It is stuck in insurance…

My dentist suggested deep...

My dentist suggested deep cleaning. It is stuck in insurance authorization since new year no idea why its taking so long

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

Dec 22

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I had an xray and cleaning done

2/9/2018
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

It would also be great if you can tell me if it is worth taking this procedure. I have very rapid plaque formation since the last cleaning. Might hae been something to do with the antibiotics i had after septoplasty.

You ask a very good question, WHY is it taking so long?

Truth be told, there is no reason other than it's stuck in the mud of an insurance company that tends to "delay".

If you've not already done so, I'd suggest calling up the Dental office, and asking the front desk personnel to please call the insurance company and have it expedited! You too, could do this, but most Dental front offices will do it free for you, and it behooves them to also have your work approved, so they should want to help and assist you.

____________________________

I'll send this and then address your second question.

If you tend to get a quick build up - it may well be something that will help you to get the deep cleaning. Without x-rays and a good visual exam - truth be told I'd be guessing to say definitely yes or no. But if and when insurance kicks in, as it should, it generally is something that benefits most all who need it. So, worded differently, if your insurance will pay, and you get considerable build up - yes I'd get the deep cleaning. I hope that makes sense...

Dr. Rampton

thanks a lot for advise, doc!

Oh yes, by all means!

You should have had the insurance back true. Just ask the front desk person to call for you. It should be approved.

Dr. Rampton

Do rate my answer if you would please. Thanks!

*Please let me know if you should have any further concern/questions - OK?

Just Dental Truths!