Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Need help with dental billing codes and procedure, my

Hi, need help with dental...
Hi, need help with dental billing codes and procedure, my dentist told me I have to have a deep cleaning, here are the codes she used 4341, 4999,4921,4342, my insurance does not cover code 4999 is there an alternative code for 4999 that can be used?
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/1/2018
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

Generally ALWAYS.

Your Dental personnel merely need to be told that your insurance won't pay for 4999, and they need to be prompted to be using a different Dental code which is more "specific" - to identify the procedure...

4999 = any "unspecified" periodontal procedure. And the insurance company wants "specifics". I think you should easily be able to have the insurance procedure re-coded and most insurance companies will then cough up what they should once identified!

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Rampton

*Please feel free to ask additional follow up concerns, should you have such - OK? Please also do rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can help any further...

thanks dr. Do you have any alternative codes that I could tell them they should I need a deep cleaning in all four quadrants?

Sorry, I've been away for a while.

_________________

Yes, #4341 is a common one used, covers a good amount generally by ones insurance, and covers a high percentage of the cost for you the patient as well. But there are others - I think the Dental team where you've been, perhaps didn't realize that this was important to you (perhaps), as it would be to me, because it's a considerable amount of cash out of pocket potentially for you.

So, I'd suggest you inform them, that your Insurance is stubborn & not going to pay. And another similar Dental code would behoove and defer the cost to be covered in your behalf. I think it should work out fine, if you let them know the situation...

I certainly hope something from above may have helped you...

Dr. Rampton

Just Dental Truths!