Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I had a root canal a little more than 2 months ago, # 30…

Customer Question
I had a root...

I had a root canal a little more than 2 months ago, # 30 tooth, it is still sensitive, though not painful. Is the tooth ok?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It's been sensitive for about a month...not painful...I have other sensitive teeth. I was told the nerve was dead. I don't want to go through another root canal.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Not that I know of.....I'm diligent about taking care of my teeth, and check ups. Check up due in April

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dental
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not wish to continue membership. Please do not bill me for any further membership.
1/7/2018
Dentist: Sean C, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 month ago
Sean C
Sean C, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
I’m happy to help with your question. I can’t address the membership though.
Can you tell me a bit more about the tooth. What is it sensitive to? Hot or cold? Chewing? Did you have a post competed? A crown?
Also where is the tooth located?
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 1 month ago
Just Dental Truths!

So sorry to hear of your tooth sensitivity...

It would NOT be unusual to still have some mild to at most moderate sensitivity, even 2 months after the root canal on your lower right #30 tooth. However, it should, if only slowly, be getting overall better, as opposed to worse or the same.

If not, I would suggest seeing the Doctor who performed the root canal. If I can be of any further assistance - please do not hesitate - OK?

Dr. Rampton

All the best to you !

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist