Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I am on ssdi mental health liability and have a tori bone…

Customer Question
I am on ssdi...

I am on ssdi mental health liability and have a tori bone structure in mouth that wont accept dentures they don't fit i have doctor letters medical necessity explaining problem and dentists request sent in to medicare been denied have pain and i hmm anemic as result what do i do in this circle of dead ends tsk

Doctor's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes florida palm beach county tsk

Doctor's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes dentist sent in medical necessity report for crowns and was turned down last week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am on ssdi reside in palm beach county fl and am trying to get ticket to work but my appearance is not helping and this is not for cosmetic reasons I'm in pain and hv been given blood for anemia several times can't chew pls help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
on mental health disability now with medicaid and medicare but dentures won't fit because of tori bone and medicaid won't cover crowns as dentist requested but there is no limitation i read on medicaid coverage if necessary all i get is incompetent people saying no what approach must i take I'm very frustrated trying for a year with dentists opinion no-one cares unless they get paid i can hardly afford my rent help
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Dentist: PaulmoJD,
 replied 7 months ago
PaulmoJD

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

I am sorry, but what is your question for us about this situation? We read everything you typed, but we do not understand your specific question you would like us to answer for you, please explain?

based on the info provided how do i get dental assistance in Palm beach county fl tsk
Dentist: PaulmoJD,
 replied 7 months ago

Sorry, this is the legal section, please do not reply to me so I can transfer it to the medical/dental section.

Dentist: Sean C, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Sean C
Sean C, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

hi happy to help

Give me a moment to read.

Have you had dentures made for the bottom before? Do you have any remaining teeth? What do you use now and how do you like whatever you have?

I don't know if you are still around so I will do my best to answer your question with what info I have, If the denture is on the bottom than despite the tori a dentist should still be able to make you a denture that fits well. There are many low cost options to do this in Florida. I will provide a few for you to call.

1. Community health center of west palm beach Florida.

2823 N. Australian Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL - 33407

(###) ###-####/p>

Samaritan Gardens Christian Care Center Fees charged: No fees charged to qualified. Intake procedure: Must bring photo ID, proof of family income, and proof of address. First come/first served. Call to confirm hours of operation. Eligibility requirements: Resident of
email website

2. Atlantic Coast Dental research clinic

PO Box 19525
West Palm Beach, FL - 33416

(###) ###-####/p>

The Research Clinic facilities of the Dental Health Service Department at Palm Beach State College in Lake Worth, Florida, are utilized for classroom and clinical education. The goals of the Research Clinic are to provide an opportunity for continuing education of dentists, hygienists and assistants
website.

This second option would also be a great way of possibly getting some free or heavily discounted dental implants, if you really cant seem to get a denture that fits you well. Then I would suggest calling option two and volunteering to be a patient for a dentists who is an actual dentist but is learning implants to have the placed in your mouth. Then the denture can be fitted to those implants. That would be your best bet for a very low cost or free way to get some dental implants. Unfortunately the government will most likely never approve you for dental implants that can hold onto your denture even if that is the only way for you to wear one.

Just to note on the bottom you get away with only placing two implants and just having those implants help to hold the denture in place.

I hope this helps. if you have any other questions let me know.

I did spend time working at health centers in Florida in the past and I know though they will pay for a denture or help to pay for a denture, the odds of getting implants paid for is very very low.