Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I am a 62 y/o female and I have had a lot of helth problems.

Customer Question
I am a 62...

I am a 62 y/o female and I have had a lot of helth problems. I am alergic to a lot of meds including what I have been told was to reply the cans feild, novicain,lidocaine an so forth. Most of my teeth were removed long ago, but the 5 I had left have all broken off at or below gum level in the last few months. Is there any low cost resolutions to fixing my dental problem? I have medicare but no other insurance, and my monthly income is below $600. most of which is detected to utilities, food and meds I have to take. Can you recommend any help?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

Yes the gums around 3 of the broken teeth is slightly swollen, the other 2 are very sensitive and painful. My last dental visit was in 2008

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

What would you like to know?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dental
1/6/2018
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 3 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, so sorry to read about all your health problems.

What I will do is give you sources that may be able to help you get the proper dental care you need.

These include many options for low cost and NO cost dentistry and financing as well.

https://www.hhs.gov/answers/health-care/where-can-i-find-low-cost-dental-care/index.html

http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/popularpublications/findinglowcostdentalcare/

http://www.unitedway.org/

http://www.carecredit.com/ for financing options that would better fit your budget.

Other viable options to consider:

1. Dental schools:

www.dentalsite.com/dentists/densch.html

Dental schools charge far less than private practice however it does take more time to complete.

2. Clinics (free and low cost) Discounted dental services and dental workshops that offer free or

discounted/reduced services.

www.freemedicalcamps.com/

3. Freedentalcare.com

4. Local dental society or :

http://ebusiness.ada.org/mystate.aspx

They would be able to direct you to Foundations and Charitable outlets that may offer dental services.

5. Volunteer dentists and hygienists providing free care:

Dentistryfromtheheart.org

***-***-****

6. http://toothwisdom.org/care

7. dentallifeline.org/our-state-programs

8. http://freemedicalcamps.com/

I hope this helps and answers your question.

If you need more help please let me know.

Thanks.

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor