Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

S S S S S S S S S S SS S S S S S S SS S S SS S. `TOOTH

Customer Question
S S S S...

S S S S S S S S S S SS S S S S S S SS S S SS S

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?

NO

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

`TOOTH HURTS

Doctor's Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Only when exposing hot, cold, or chewing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dental
Hello. I have 3 cavity fililing in the upper right section of my mouth at the same time which were not warned to be root canal worthy by any means. Not really any pain after but I tried to avoid the area. I did end up avoiding the area for eating because it was sensitive and to the cold as well. There was a lot of drilling involved, and I was getting concerned since he wasn't my regular dentist and seemed to be doing excessive drilling. The teeth are filed down way smaller than the teeth on the upper left side of my mouth right now. 3 1/2 weeks later the pain seems to be worsening. Very scared on malpractice. Please let me know the 100* truth for real.
1/5/2018
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 6 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

I'm so sorry you are having troubles...

It may be prudent to go to a separate Dentist, let them get a look at the trouble area you are having, and ask for their honest opinion! That is what I would do. Go to another Dentist, get their "hands and eyes on" approach/view, and opinion. Then you'll be able to get the best answer. That would be my suggestion.

Dr. Rampton

you don’t have any actual insight?

Well I can speculate highly that there may have been a lot of tooth material removed, as you mentioned. That would cause tooth sensitivity.

However, I can't visually compare and contrast over the internet, as I could with a visual "hands on" exam. Does that make sense?

If you are sore, something can usually be fixed too, but a second set of eyes would be helpful, and done BEST by a visual exam - hands on.

What do you think about getting a Dentist to look at your worked on teeth as well as all of your teeth so they can be compared to each other, with regard to same size vs. different sizes now? And what they honestly would suggest - to have done to fix the pain or discomfort you are experiencing?

Well, I'm going to have to "hit the hay" for some sleep. Again, I'm sorry about your discomfort. And I'd encourage you to get a second opinion from another Dentist, from a different office, as to what they would recommend. I hope this helps you. I'll check back tomorrow to see if you have any further comments or thoughts, OK?

Best regards ***** *****

Dr. Rampton