Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have had severe pain all night. About 20 hours now on and…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl I have...

Hi Pearl I have had severe pain all night

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About 20 hours now on and off

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I was treated for trigeminal neuralgia about 9 years ago also I avoid the dentist I have lots of anxiety about it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 3 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

So sorry to hear of your pain/discomfort...

Do you have the pain radiating from certain area/s? Facial areas, tooth areas, etc.?

Thanks,

Dr. Rampton

Hi, it's different every time with not much rest in between - maybe 5-10 mins with no pain then a long time with
The pain goes from my jaw .. to my back or my chest etc

There is the TMJ (joint) that can mimic/cause some of the problems which you have mentioned above. You may want to call a Dentist who works with TMJ patients, and try working with such person, as they may either be able to fix it for you, or at least likely know someone who can. Again; it's Dentist who works with TMJ patients. That would be a good place to start. I hope this helps you!!!

Dr. Rampton

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist