Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I'm just browsing a bit the site :) Thanks! I have an

Customer Question
Hi! I'm just browsing...

Hi! I'm just browsing a bit the site :) Thanks! I have an on-and-off tension feel in the lower jaw at the back...there the last tooth is really broken awaiting extraction. Could it be related? It's not pain. Just feels swolen but it's not when I touch it. Nothing is found swolen just the feel.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

About a year ago the dentist tried to fix the tooth but failed. Broke a bit of metal down a root canal. Then pause till today. 3 x-rays taken over the last 18 months. No infection around the tooth.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing relevant.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
1/2/2018
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 7 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

I would think that the likelihood, assuming no other problem seems present, that the broken down tooth towards the back of the jaw, is giving you the "trouble".

By the way you speak, it sounds like it is in need of an extraction. That may well be the very best thing you could do today, is make an appointment with your preferred Dentist to have them extract it... I'd consider highly giving them a call. And in the interim, you could use Tylenol or Ibuprofen, whichever works best for you, should there be any pain needs. I hope this helps you!

The alternative would be to "wait and see" - but eventually, your tooth in the back WILL NEED treatment.

Dr. Rampton

Does the above make sense?

I hope you get feeling better!

Let me know if I can assist further - OK?

I do hope you can rate my answer, thanks!