Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I've been having some problems where my teeth feel like they…

Customer Question
Hi there....

Hi there. I've been having some problems where my teeth feel like they are moving at the root where the bone connects. I feel it all the time it never stops, and at times I feel like my teeth are barely holding on by my guns which is very scary, but, when I touch my teeth they don't feel loose at all. I have noticed they have shifted quite a bit and the gums on my back teeth are swollen but they don't hurt. I can't get in to see the dentist until Wednesday. I'm really worried my teeth are going to fall out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

I had an accident about a year ago and have been going to the doctor for so many other tests for my head and not even thinking about my teeth. So I think it's been going on slowly for that long

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No my teeth have always been healthy. Went to the dentist when I first had my accident and it seemed everything was clear could be have missed something

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dental
12/31/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Do you have any teeth that are missing that have not been replaced? When was the last time that your teeth were cleaned?

Do you grind or catch yourself clenching your teeth?

I am not getting a response so let me give you some basic information. If your teeth were fine a year ago,it is unlikely that you have to worry about losing them.Dental problems ,aside for abscessed teeth develop slowly. Without seeing X-rays of your mouth,it would be hard to give you an accurate diagnosis on what is going on.If you grind your teeth at night or in the daytime,it will make your teeth ache and seem like they are loose. If it has been an extended period since they were cleaned,there is a good chance that you have gingivitis which is an inflammation of the gums. This is taken care of by getting your teeth cleaned.What type of accident were you involved in and are you taking medications currently?

Are you still there?

I am going to sign off for the night but I will check back in the morning for your response.