Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Pretty much stayed the same. Seemed to have gotten a little…

Customer Question
Pretty much stayed the same...
Pretty much stayed the same. Seemed to have gotten a little worse past couple days
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/25/2017
Dentist: Sean C, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 5 months ago
Sean C
Sean C, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
We must have gotten disconnected.
If the pain is in your gums the best answer based of the information you have given me. Is to keep area clean with very gentle brushing and flossing. To use a warm salt water rinse several times per day. And listerine before bed.
We generally associate dull aches with gum infections. Where as sharp pain is usually a tooth issue.
Another way to know if your gums are infected. Is if when you do brush or floss you have bleeding or if the gums are red and swollen. It’s your body’s way of trying to fight infection by sending more blood to the area filled with white blood cells to fight the infection.
Feel free to ask anything else or to have me explain anything further.
Is there anything else I can help you with ?
Sean C
Sean C
Sean C, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)