Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I live in mexico now.dr in mexico city recomends to pu a…

Customer Question
Hello,my name is *****...

Hello,my name is ***** ***** in mexico now.dr in mexico city recomends to pu a prettau zirconia full mouth bridge on my 9 implants on top and 7 implants on bottom.he whants to cement it and i dont know if its better then to use screws on implants,or continue with full mouth of implants

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No.evrithing is good only i have 2 diffrent brands of implants.anyridge and straumann and doctor says that its a coctale and better to connect with a full prettau bridge.

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

Again,i have 9 implants on top 7 on bottom.8 implants of brand anyridge corrian and 8 straumann.i put anyridge implants in august 28 this year and 4 straumann 5 years ago and last 4 straumann october 9 this year.i am ready have good bones.only mexican doctor says that implants look like a coctail diredtion wise and recomends to use prettau zirconia full bridge on top and bottom,but usiing cement to glue and not scrues.id it o kay

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dental
12/23/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 month ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there. Yes, it is okay to have a bridge that is cemented in place rather than screwed. Many bridges are done this way, and the success rate is almost the same. The only concern with cemented bridges is making sure there is no cement leftover at the gums that could cause irritation or infection. So you want to make sure when they are cemented, the dentist or dental hygienist does a very thorough job of cleaning off the excess cement and checks it with an x-ray.

Does that answer your question?

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)