Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

What is the cost? am I able to attach a picture? 4 months…

Customer Question
What is the cost...

What is the cost? am I able to attach a picture?

Doctor's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Dentist. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

4 months ago it is my 6 yr old son

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dental
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My son had a molar removed about 4 months ago and it looks like the tooth behind that molar was trying to come in (I seen a speck of white) but also was the worm looking gum poking out of his gum. It grew bigger over night and with the holiday weekend his dentist is closed. He is in no pain but it has definatley grown over 12 hours.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
picture is attached to the previous message.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is 6 yrs old
12/23/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 month ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

This appears to be an eruption cyst. These are benign and normally will go away by themselves. If they become infected,they sometimes require surgical removal.I would not consider this an emergency but you should contact your dentist ASAP to have him monitor it. Rinsing with some strong salt water can keep the area clean. There should be no problem waiting until early next week before he can be seen.

Many times they will just drain on their own. It will not hurt the tooth trying to erupt.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hmm... When I google eruption cyst it is always in the shape of a ball. But my sons is a worm like shape. Still the same thing?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also, now he has a bit of a fever.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also, its not blue

They can take different shapes. If he has a fever,you should call your dentist or pediatrician to start him on some amoxicillin or penicillin. The initial stages of these cysts many times appear red before they turn blue.

It is possible that he may have gotten some food or debris under the gum of the erupting tooth and has caused some local inflammation around it.

I am going to be on the road for a bit. I will check back with you later to s ee if you have any further questions

Without seeing an X-ray of this area,I cannot be sure that there is not a remaining root tip from his previous extraction that could be causing this delayed inflammation. If in fact the dentist left anything behind,that small fragment can become infected. There is a permanent tooth directly underneath this area but without an X-ray,I cannot see if there is something else causing this swelling.

Have you gotten an X-ray of your son's mouth yet?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)