Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My back tooth with root completely fell out it has been

Customer Question
My back tooth with...

My back tooth with root completely fell out it has been loose for awhile and I do have bad gums and have been putting off going to peridontst. I have no pain. I am rinsing with salt water I will need to have a implant I am sure. aAny thing else other then rinsing with warm water both my dentist and periodontist are closed for the holiday

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have no pain at all just making sure no infection will occor while I wait to get in peridonist

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Bad gums, smoke and drink sometimes I haven't been to dentist in a couple pf years and need to have periodontal surgery I am sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
12/22/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there. I’m sorry to hear this happened right before a holiday! It sounds like you are already doing the right thing by rinsing it to keep it clean. You can do warm salt water up to 5-6 times a day. You could also do an over-the-counter mouthwash, but make sure it is alcohol free. Since you are having no pain, you don’t need to do anything besides keep it clean. Make sure to get in to see your dentist as soon as possible in the new year. Does that answer your question?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara