Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

How can i cure canker sores. Yesterday. Have had the pain…

Customer Question
How can i cure...

How can i cure canker sores

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Yesterday

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

Have had the pain since yesterday

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dental
12/19/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, sorry to hear that you have a canker sore because they are fun!

Aphthous Ulcers or Canker sores are a result of either, stress, a poor diet, a vitamin deficiency, food allergy, smoking, just to mention a few.

You can use one of the following remedies: Benzocaine , Orajel , Lidocaine. and Debacterol. Another very good drug is Triamcinolone dental paste .1% also known as Kenalog in Orabase.This is a granular paste with pectin in it that allows the ointment to stay in place even in the presence of saliva! Use it sparingly about 3 to 4 times a day. You will need to get a prescription for the Kenalog if you need it. Just call your dentist and he can call it in for you. Vitamin B complex and Folic Acid have also been shown to be effective in reducing canker sores.

It will take 7-10 days for total healing to occur. Sometimes sooner but the discomfort will lessen in a couple days.

Here is a website that describes it well: Recurrent Aphthous Ulcer (Stomatitis))

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/867080-overview

If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks!! :):)

Do you still need help with this?

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor