Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Just reading up on why my mouth, jaw and gums and other

Customer Question
Just reading up on...

Just reading up on why my mouth, jaw and gums and other teeth hurt so much after having 4 teeth extracted 4 days ago. It is still extremely painful and I am desperate for relief.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

Yes it is swollen on the side I had them pulled, been putting ice on and off for 15 minutes at a time, getting very little relief from anything I try though

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No nothing I can think of, I had the one tooth pulled because it was a cavity and hurting so that is the reason they pulled the one the others were wisdom teeth

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
12/17/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, so sorry to hear that you are in so much discomfort now.

Were you given any antibiotics and if so what?

Is the swelling and pain more from the area of the wisdom tooth or from one of the other teeth?

Were pain medications prescribed? If so, what?

Thanks.

Hi, do you still need help with this problem?