Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a really bad toothache and i'm about to take two

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a really bad toothache and i'm about to take two 200mg nurofen plus tablets. I was wondering what is the most you can take in one dose?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It comes and goes every few minutes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No not that i know of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dental
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/16/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi sorry, you are in so much discomfort at this time.

The max dose recommended is 800mg of Ibuprofen. But I suggest you take Advil (400mg) every 4-6 hours along with 2 Tylenol (Paracetamol) (650 mg) every 4-6 hours. Please do not use this regimen if there is a history of peptic ulcer or liver disease or if you are taking blood thinners. This combination is as effective as a prescription medication.

If you have any swelling as well you should also begin warm salt water rinses: you can dissolve ½-teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water as hot as can be safely tolerated, and rinse vigorously for about 2 minutes at least every 2-3 hours.

Please do not put any heat on the outside of your face.

Unfortunately, phone call requests outside of the US are not allowed. Sorry.

If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask. :)

Are you there?

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor