Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have some gaps in my gums. can they be treated and

Customer Question
I have some gaps...

I have some gaps in my gums. can they be treated and reversed?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any swelling? Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

Gaps are measured, some 5 or less one I have is a 9 should I loose that tooth?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dental
12/15/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

It would be difficult to give you a diagnosis without seeing an X-ray of your mouth. I believe the term that you are referring to is a pocket. Five millimeter pockets can be treated and in some cases 9 mm pockets can be treated . I would need to see an X-ray to give you a better idea of what is going on.Do you have one to upload?