Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a molar that needs a route canal treatment, i cant…

Customer Question
I have a molar...

I have a molar that needs a route canal treatment , i cant afford. so i asked my dentist to extract, but she says she needs clearance from my doctor as i had a mild stroke 1 year ago. ive had fillings from her before , no clearance needed Q. is this mormal and why wait for 5 days , 2 days on antibiotics.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?

Yes,read the text.

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

What do you want

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dental
12/13/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 2 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

So sorry to hear of your difficulty with this situation.

I think the primary concern, and frankly maybe an over concern (but everybody means to do well for you with no complications - even though any such complication would not be typical), is because of the stroke, you are generally put on some type of blood thinner. And that is good. But, to extract a tooth, generally a person is asked by their Physician to not take the Coumadin or Xarelto or other blood thinner, so that the extraction will not tend to cause any excess bleeding.

While your Dentist can make a pretty good call and judgement on how & what to do, the final "responsibility leans itself to your Physician, as to whether or not to have you not take the blood thinner for a couple days or so. I know it is a hassle for you. I know it's annoying. But it is typical protocol. Does it kind of make sense, with regard to your overall health and all?

Dr. Rampton

*Please feel free to ask additional questions if you have such, as I want to make certain you have your concern addressed - OK?

Well, I think I'd better "hit the hay" tonight! Got to work tomorrow. But if you have further concerns, please list such, and I'll check back tomorrow - alright? When I've addressed your question, please do rate it. Thank you!

Does the above make sense?

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist