Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a lump on my top gum line that is about an inch it…

Customer Question
I have a lump...

I have a lump on my top gum line that is about an inch long it looks like a decaying tooth right at the back of my mouth

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No pain and the lump is not painful to touch it looks like peas in a pod olong my gumline

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Had four wisdom teeth removed about 12 yrs ago in hospital
Is any one there?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dental
12/12/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, is the lump hard or soft? How long have you had it?

If you can upload a photo it would help in the diagnosis.

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Thank you.

Are you still there?

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine