Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a swollen gland under my chin on the left side right…

Customer Question
I have a swollen...

I have a swollen gland under my chin on the left side right under my jaw. I had a cleaning done Thurs i was wondering if this could be from that

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No just noticed it tongiht

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Im pregnant

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dental
12/12/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

It would be highly unlikely that the cleaning had anything to do with your swelling.There are small lymph glands under the chin but the main glands that trap infection would be located more under the angle of the jaw where the submandibular glands are located. The cleaning would have removed plaque and calculus from your mouth . These are the materials that harbor bacteria. By removing them,you would lessen your chances of infection.Chances are that the swelling is from something minor that the lymph glands are just reacting to. If the area gets bigger and persists for over two weeks,you may want to check with your Medical doctor.This does not seem like it is anything to worry about.

Is there any other information that you need?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)