Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

What is this small bump on my gums?

Customer Question
https://imgur.com/a/hLmJE...
What is this small bump on my gums?
https://imgur.com/a/hLmJE
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
The bump is painless, but it looks red in some of the photos because I was poking/prodding at it with a floss pick.
12/10/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

That is just some local inflammation. It is nothing serious. It is not cancer. It appears to be caused by trauma and should resolve by itself within a few days.

Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good morning! Are you still looking for information about the small bump on your gums? I ‘d be happy to help. Just respond if you are still interested in chatting with an expert.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara