Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I was just wondering I have been using a water oil dental…

Customer Question
Hi I was just...

Hi I was just wondering I have been using a water oil dental closer for sometime now..but felt like I had something stuck in between my tooth so I used floss to try and remove it..but I felt I was hurting my gum..anyway I just noticed a very small canker size right by my back molar..

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Msince last sunday..it only bothers me when I touch the area

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Non smoker.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dental
12/10/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 5 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

The canker sore has been there for about 6 days then. Does it feel any better, at least over the past couple days? I ask that, because , generally, they tend to run their course and diminish in about a week quite often.

If you can, feel free to send a picture of the area - I'd be happy to look at it and give feedback.

One other thing, is sometimes floss can inadvertently cause an area of the gums to be irritated. And irritation, often can lead to the canker sore. So, while it's annoying for you (sorry), it "likely" is of no grave consequence, or at least over the long haul, as it quite often diminishes.

Also; if the pain is bothering you still, you can buy a variety of "kanka" or similar over the counter products at you local pharmacy or Walmart, that will often make less sensitive, till it goes away. I hope this helps you...

Dr. Rampton

Please let me know should you have any further concerns - OK? Once I've addressed your concern - please do rate my answer. Thanks!

Does the above make sense?

Let me know please, if I can assist further - alright?

How is the canker sore doing today?

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist