Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My boyfriend has very painful swelling of the right lower…

Customer Question
Hi, my boyfriend has very...
Hi, my boyfriend has very painful swelling of the right lower jaw, localised on the bone underneath the lower right first and secod bicuspid, and the cheek surrounding. The swelling is not located on the gum it’s self. He has been prescribed painkillers and anti biotics, but the pain is unbearable for him. The swelling also occurred very fast over half a day. We weren’t given much information as to what it could be as the nurse was not sure. Any information you could give me on these symptoms would be fantastic.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there. The swelling and pain could certainly be from an abscessed tooth. Is there any way you could take a photo of his face, as straight on as possible? Also a photo of the teeth in that area would help.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara