Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My back teeth are killing me. When i close my moith it feels…

Customer Question
My back teeth are...

My back teeth are killing me. When i close my moith it feels like they are chewing on eachother. Dose that make sense ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

My whole jaw line hurt on that side but the tooth hirts the most

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dental
I need to know what I can do to ease the pain other then going to the dentist.
12/3/2017
Dentist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. As a temporary solution, you can start wearing a mouth guard which would prevent the back teeth from grinding on each other for now, however, this would be a temporary solution as I said. The pain can also be due to an infection in the tooth itself or even an abscess in the region. Now this would need to be treated with antibiotics, however, for now, you can use OTC anti-inflammatory medications to control the pain, these would include the following,

OTC ibuprofen at a dose of 400 mg thrice a day

OTC Tylenol 1 g thrice a day

You can even use both of them together if one of them alone is not effective in controlling the pain.

But you will need to see a dentist nevertheless for a permanent solution, the above remedies should control the pain in the meantime.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/