Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have chronic infection in my body treated with

Customer Question
I have chronic infection...

I have chronic infection in my body treated with antibiotics.. I need extensive dental work done is it possible to have this work done?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?

No..the infection I have is due to a fistula in my digestive tract..I take antibiotics daily..I just want to know if there would be a problem in getting the dental work done?

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

What more information do I need to present?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dental
12/2/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 6 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

I think I understand. And correlating with different Doctors is likely the key for you.

Hesitantly somewhat, I want to say definitely yes. And that is the most likely scenario, a yes to the desired/wanted Dental work. But it would behoove especially you, but also make all parties in the know to have your medication list given to all parties, together with Doctor's phone numbers and approvals to proceed with the care given or about to be given.

So, with your Physician (Doc) and your Dentist (Doc), both collaborating to accomplish the best for you, I'd say you are clear and good to go for the Dental work!!! I hope this makes sense...

Dr. Rampton

*Note: Should you have any additional concerns, please do not hesitate to ask - OK? And, when I have indeed answered your concerns, please do rate my answer, thank you!

Might there be any additional information which I might possibly better assist you? I'd be happy to do so...

Dr. Rampton

Dentist: Drew Moore DDS MS, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 6 months ago
Drew Moore DDS MS
Drew Moore DDS MS, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi. I'm Dr. Moore, a board certified periodontist. How long will you take the antibiotics? Is there a plan to surgically repair the digestive fistula if the antibiotics don't cause it to close?

What antibiotics are you taking? What strength and how often?