Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My wife had two crowns replaced roughly a year ago. Since…

Customer Question
My wife had two...

My wife had two crowns replaced roughly a year ago. Since the replacement, she has been referred to numerous Dentists due to pain in the area. During visit back in the Summer, one Dentist actually detected some dental cement that had been left between her teeth and gums. She recently visited a Pathologist who didn't have any suggestions beyond visiting a pain specialist. I read one of your responses and am a bit encouraged. Any thoughts?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

She has had the pain for well over a year. We haven't been able to correlate any actions to the pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

She had bone cancer in 2015, and it wasn't diagnosed until she was Stage IV. Now she is fully recovered.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dental
12/2/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Does your wife have pain when she bites down on the crowns? Does she have pains in front of her ears?

Does your wife have pain when she bites down on the crowns? Does she have pain in front of her ears?

Do you have X-rays of these teeth to upload?

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine